There is an inexhaustible variety of ways in which individuals, churches, and organizations may participate in 48 Hours for Religious Freedom. We encourage you to be creative in how you choose to show solidarity with the persecuted Church. We encourage only peaceful actions and do not support the desecration or blasphemy of any religious text, places, or figures.
We encourage you to send pictures, video, and letters showing your efforts to support the persecuted Church to 4RelFreedom@gmail.com. At the conclusion of 48 Hours for Religious Freedom, we hope to post these materials to show the global support for religious freedom in Iran.
To help you get started, here are some suggested ways to participate:
- Continuous Prayer: Have members of the church sign up for prayer slots covering the 48 hours with prayer for the persecuted in Iran, and for the rulers and lawmakers of nations around the world.
- Prayer vigil: Hold a prayer vigil to pray for the persecuted in Iran.
- Pray during religious services
- Pray during Bible studies
- Prayer cards: Print prayer cards and distribute to the congregation, reminding them to continually pray for the persecuted Church.
- Bulletin Insert: Insert an announcement in your newsletter or church bulletin bringing awareness to the persecuted Church. Click here to download a prepared bulletin insert.
- Write: Send a letter of encouragement to imprisoned Christians in Iran. Click here to find instructions how.
- Draw: If you are artistic, draw and send a picture of encouragement to imprisoned Christians in Iran. Drawings are also a great way to get young children involved. Click here to see where to send your drawings to imprisoned Christians.
Awareness & Advocacy
- Send letters to Iranian officials: Send a letter to the Supreme Leader of Iran or to Embassy officials petitioning for the respect of religious freedom and release of all prisoners being held for their religious beliefs. Click here to find instructions how.
- Video: Download the video for 48 Hours for Religious Freedom and play it for your congregation, bible study, friends, and family. Encourage others to join you in prayer. Click here to download the video.
- Sermon/Liturgy: Dedicate all or a portion of your religious service to instructing the congregation about how to pray for the persecuted Church.
- Social Media: Share the video and contents of 48 Hours for Religious Freedom with your friends on social media websites. Encourage others to join the cause.
- Protest: Hold a protest in front of the Iranian Embassy, Consulate, or Interest Section in your country.
- Press Conference: Hold a press conference to educate your community about the persecution Christians face in Iran.